Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Birthday Fun

So it has been a bit, but I have been really busy. Life can get crazy and I am trying to slow down and enjoy some of it. I have been designing and proposing classes finalizing teaching schedules and trying to get some studio time in. I have a booked summer, I’ll be teaching both kids and adults at Craft Alliance in St. Louis, MO and Lillian By Design in Alton, IL. I’ll post more about those classes as the approach and as I get class samples done.


 






I had a birthday this past weekend and a friend invited me to the Southern IL Sheep and Wool Festival in Waterloo, IL.







 
 
 
 
 
I had birthday money from my mom so I did a bit of shopping. I love Dyeabolical, I love her fibers and her colors, her names of colorway are really fun as well.
 
 
This is 70%Blue Faced Leicester/ 30% Firestar
The back bat I am unsure of the colorway name but the front colorway is Sid Fishious






This is 100% superwash merino wool alter ego in the colorway Firefly I think this will become socks. I love this color I had two skeins on yarn in my hand and my step-daughter picked this one, good choice Em.




Then yesterday I received a package that had been ordered for me from Dyeabolical for my birthday as well by my wife. I was super excited to receive more fiber.

The fiber is 85%Polwarth Wool/15% Tussah Silk in We're All Mad Here

The yarn is 100% Superwash merino wool in Super Ego in the colorway Thunderboom

I gave her colorways and fiber types and yarn weights and I think she did great.
You can find Dyeabolical at www.dyeabolical.com or her Etsy shop at www.etsy.com/shop/dyeabolicalyarns
 


I however have gotten some loom time in just getting it threaded and beamed but we are ready to go now and today I get to start weaving I am so excited to get going i am working on rag rugs this time, we will see where this leads..........................



 
 
 
 
 
 
As always you can find me at www.etsy.com/shop/nodesignstextiles
 

No comments:

Post a Comment