Tuesday, July 27, 2010


So it has been a while but I have been a busy girl. I have been trying to better understand the process of posting a blog and of how I want to construct the post. I am going to try to post at least one image with a bit of text every day.
I learned to crochet a few months ago, I am in the still learning phase but I am understanding it more and more. So for the first project I grabbed some yarn from the stash shelf, yarn that had been there only a short time. One of my best friends and former boss, Andy, gave it to me as a bouquet for my thesis show in November of last year. It is Cascade Yarn Pima Tencel 50% Pima cotton 50% Tencel. So there were many beautiful colors and I made a bunch of circles out of it. 




So I went to the same store she purchased the yarn from, it is not my usual knitting store, and they were discontinuing the yarn, so I got several skeins of the same brand in a wonderful green color at a great price $2.10 each. I am now crocheting around each circle with green to attach them to each other. I am quite happy with how this is working out. And some day I will have a scarf to remember this both Andy’s motherly love for me and the wonderful exhibition reception that she shared with me.



I am still weaving away as well. I have completed two of the three towels that I have been working on at the loom. I am dreaming of what will go on the loom next. It could be one of a million things but I am thinking organically colored cotton scarves as transition pieces into the fall. 

So off to the studio now, I have a full day ahead of me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment