Friday, July 30, 2010

More Tools.


Trouble in blog land is making this post a day late I apologize.

I work in another artist studio as an assistant one day a week. Yesterday after posting the blog for the day I went to her studio to work, I always grab my own sewing bag, I realized that my scissors are a very important tool. I am attached to these simple embroidery scissors they have been used for years, the tiny screw sometimes loosens and I have to retighten it but then they are perfect again.



And today in my studio I realized that I have a mug that I am attached to, I actually have many mugs I am attached to, this is one of a few that are manufactured. I typically use a hand thrown or hand built clay mug. This manufactured mug is special, it was given to me as a birthday gift by a dear friend. I am a sentimental person about objects and their connection to people. She and I are great knitting friends we became friends through knitting, we have both moved away from where we met. I am in Missouri and she is in South Carolina, so some how this beautiful mug makes me feel closer to her. My morning coffee at the studio is always in this mug, the morning feels better with this mug and my coffee.

Today I spent part of my day helping a friend put bookcases together and moving furniture around at her house and the rest of the day weaving and getting some more work prepared for hand stitching at home. But I think that tonight I will spin some at home tonight, feeling like I need some time at the wheel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment